With POS Go, we’re giving retailers of any size innovative hardware to deliver new shopping experiences and meet consumers wherever they are—and however they like to shop
- Retail is back: in the first half of 2022, sales made by merchants using Shopify’s point-of-sale grew nearly 60%
- With POS Go, merchants can close the sale anywhere, while viewing detailed product information, customer notes and purchase history to level-up the in-store experience
- Shopify is the commerce platform, and gives merchants a unified view of their business so they can see sales, analytics, and inventory on POS Go from every channel
Commerce is happening all around us—online, offline, and everywhere in between. As the commerce platform for millions of merchants all over the world, Shopify makes it possible to sell anywhere, including brick-and-mortar stores. That’s why we’re excited to be powering the growth of offline retail: in the first half of 2022, sales made by merchants using Shopify’s point-of-sale grew nearly 60%.
Today, we’re launching our latest retail hardware that gives merchants of any size the flexibility to deliver a new kind of in-person shopping: introducing POS Go.
The most innovative brands in the world build their businesses on Shopify, and with POS Go we’re giving them powerful new hardware to deliver world-class IRL shopping experiences. POS Go empowers merchants to meet consumers wherever they are and however they want to shop—from counter to curb. Using POS Go merchants can:
- Close the sale anywhere
- A built-in barcode scanner lets merchants start checkouts anywhere in store. Through Shopify POS, retailers can view detailed product information, customer notes and purchase history to level-up the in-store experience. Merchants can also build carts in store, and email them to customers to complete later.
- Take payments confidently
- Merchants can accept tap, swipe, and chip cards through a built-in, fully integrated card reader. Wi-Fi and Shopify Payments keep every transaction smooth and secure.
- Stay on top of their business everywhere
- Because Shopify gives merchants a unified view of their business, they can see sales, analytics, and inventory on POS Go from every channel. If they make an update in the Shopify admin, everything automatically syncs across their business.
“Retail is evolving quickly and merchants need flexible solutions to help them succeed. More than ever, brick-and-mortar retailers need technology that keeps them nimble,” said Arpan Podduturi, VP of Product at Shopify. “With POS Go, we’re empowering our merchants to deliver world-class, differentiated in-store experiences. Offline retail is all the way back, and we’re investing heavily in hardware that’s fit for the fastest-growing, most innovative retailers in the world.”
“Retail has returned in a big way over the past year. And with that, we’ve felt affirmed with much of our direction and thinking for Neighborhood Goods over the years,” said Matt Alexander, Co-founder & CEO of Neighborhood Goods. “A key aspect of that has been our decision to build our business on Shopify, which has been the perfect platform for a rapidly changing landscape. And now, with the launch of POS Go, we’ve been thrilled to help test their newest hardware , which has given us the flexibility to provide the best possible experience for our customers.Whether meeting them curbside for pick up, ordering online, or shopping in our stores, POS Go helps us provide a unique experience and we’re excited to continue rolling it comes out as we grow.”
POS Go is available for pre-order now in the US. Learn more about POS Go here.